The Development of Heard County is prepared to negotiate the following incentives to new and expanding business and industry:
Industrial Revenue Bond financing for new and expanding industry.
Revolving Loan Fund
An established local fund providing low interest loans for industries affecting substantial job creation or capital investment.
Property Tax Abatements
Flexible abatements for qualified projects.
Property Tax Exemptions
Property tax exemptions during an approved project’s construction phase.
Fast Track Permitting
Fast track local permitting process in typically ten working days. The county may waive permit and licensing fees required for construction.
Grants and Loans
Grant and loan packaging for infrastructure improvements and/or building construction.
Land Pricing / Purchases
Potential land gift for development with job creation. Affordable public and private retail and industrial properties, lease-purchase and lease-back agreements.
Employers meeting State criteria may qualify for:
- Job Tax Credits of $4,000 per job created.
- Investment Tax Credits
- Sales Tax Credits
- Quality Jobs Tax Credits from $2,500 to $5,000
- Port Tax Credits
- Childcare Tax Credits
- Work Opportunity Tax Credits from $1,200 to $9,600
- Parolee Credits $2,500 per new parolee hired
- Mega Project Tax Credit
- R & D Tax Credits Proportionate to R & D spending.
- Retraining Tax Credits
- Film, TV & Digital Entertainment Tax Credits
- Workforce Training through QuickStart
If you have any questions regarding these incentives, please feel free to contact our office at (706) 675-0554.